August 18, 2021
Today we will have our first day of school for the 2021-2022 school year! We are really looking forward to continue, or to begin, our work with your adorable preschoolers.
Our curriculum book for the next few weeks is The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn. A copy of the monthly curriculum books will be sent home with your child for their home library!
We hope that you all had a safe and fun summer vacation.
We will continue to follow the 14 steps outlined below:
1.The children will be in small groups and will spend a portion of their day in each of our three classrooms and on the playground.
2. Staff and students will be asked to wear masks at all times, including while on the bus.
3. Bathrooms will be cleaned throughout the day.
4. Face shields will be available for staff and students, and will be used when appropriate.
5. The rooms will be ventilated with fans and open-windows, whenever possible.
6. Disinfectant spray and wipes will be readily available and will be used throughout the day.
7. After the students leave school, appropriate cleaning will take place daily.
8. We will be providing a small snack around ten o'clock each day, please make sure that your child has had breakfast prior to coming to school.
9. Parents who are driving their child will each have an individual clipboard to sign-in and sign-out their child. The clipboards will be attached to the chain link fence to the left of the driveway entrance. Please sign you child in on the sign-in sheet and wait by the physically distanced clipboards. A staff member will come and get your child. Clipboards and pens will be brought into the school and will be cleaned daily.
10. All staff members take their temperatures daily upon arriving to work. We will also take each child's temperature when they arrive. Any temperature above 99.5 will unfortunately disallow the child from entering campus.
11. Please do a wellness check on your child each morning before putting them on the bus or bringing them in your car. If you have any concerns about the health of your child or that of a family member call the school before arriving or putting your child on the bus.
12. If you need a thermometer, we will provide one for you to keep at home. Please call the school to make this request as soon as possible.
13. All staff members have been fully vaccinated.
14. We are working everyday to make our school safe and comfortable for all staff and students. If you have suggestions or concerns please call the school.
Victoria Elliott and Staff